Stolen from one Katie Shephard. Delish.
Yield: about 3 dozen
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Dash cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon clery seed
2 (3-ounce) jars stuffed olives
- Mix butter and cheese until smooth; blend in flour, cayenne pepper, and celery seed.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of dough around each olive to form a ball.
- Place on cookie sheets; bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- To freeze, place uncooked balls about 1/2 inch apart on a cookie sheet (make sure balls do not touch each other); cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil and place in the freezer.
- After cheese balls are thoroughly frozen, remove from cookie sheet and store in plastic bags in the freezer.
- To serve, place frozen balls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.